If your US based company is involved in the making of automobiles, aircraft, ships, military equipment, computer components or medical equipment and you want to save time and money on the production line, Precision Laser Welding MFG provides laser welding USA services, catering to all types of welding needs.
Laser beam welding is best used when you need to fuse alloys together with low thermal distortion, thin weld seams and fast welding speeds. Coupled with the possibility of fully controlling the quality of the welding process, there is no wonder laser beam welding is now a common joining practice in today’s factories.
Welding with a laser works on all standard metal and thermoplastics. Other materials that can be fused, with this type of welding process, include Aluminium, Platinum, Titanium, Inconel, Copper Beryllium, Kovar and high melting point metals, like Tungsten, Niobium or Iridium.
Compared to conventional welding methods, there are quite a few advantages to using laser beam joining:
- There is no direct contact involved, so no machinery wear;
- The beam guiding systems provide high levels of safety;
- The process is easily automatized;
- The weld can penetrate to a depth of up to 0.25 inches;
- The amount of radiated heat is minimal;
- Highest welding speed available and the best seam quality;
- It has no need to be in a vacuum, resulting in faster production capabilities.
- It can weld small, thin components.
The most common types of lasers being used today for welding are solid state lasers and gas lasers. One example of a solid state laser is the Nd:YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet) which uses a crystal as a lasing medium. A gas operated CO2 laser produces a beam with a wavelength of 10.6 microns, usually employed in deep penetration welding.
Precision Welding MFG works with many clients from the US because the quality we deliver and our prices have no equal. We can handle all types of welding related projects, no matter their size.
If you are in need of laser welding USA services, give us a call at (905) 669-6200.